Old 07-11-2016, 07:05 AM

Default setting for random puzzles?

I used to visit the site and play these puzzles regularly between 2006 and 2009, before corporate internet filters started blocking it and before it added a subscription model (not a bad thing). Back then the logic puzzles were randomly presented to you instead of the current choice of puzzle size and level of difficulty. Please consider bringing this back as an option. I like being presented with a random challenge and then solving it (or not) instead of the newer way.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:38 AM

You could always write out each size of puzzle on a piece of paper, keep them in a cup or jar, and draw one randomly when you want that sense, and replace it and shake up the container before your next draw. That way you could also weight the sizes you like more by putting in more papers with those sizes, if you wanted to.

I like having the control over what size I'm solving, because the largest puzzles don't fit on one screen, and I don't care for all that scrolling up and down for the clues and when needed the lower parts of the grid.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:07 PM

Not been playing for long but I like the idea of random puzzles as an option.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:40 AM

Default Adjustable browser display size

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquare314 View Post
...the largest puzzles don't fit on one screen, and I don't care for all that scrolling up and down for the clues and when needed the lower parts of the grid.
On a Windows machine, adjust the size of your browser display using ctrl + the mouse wheel. The largest puzzles fit on one screen for me.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msquare314 View Post
... because the largest puzzles don't fit on one screen, and I don't care for all that scrolling up and down for the clues and when needed the lower parts of the grid.
Have you tried F11? I have an old monitor with a small screen, and I can fit the large puzzles (4 x 7) on my screen if I use F11.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGramlich View Post
On a Windows machine, adjust the size of your browser display using ctrl + the mouse wheel. The largest puzzles fit on one screen for me.
That's not a Windows thing, it's browser dependent. Ctrl + mouse wheel works for Firefox, but I'm not sure that it works for Chrome, Internet Explorer, or Safari. I know that all 4 browsers support Ctrl + '+' and Ctrl + '-' for zooming text.

Of course, if you are on Mac, then you need to use the "command" key instead of control, but if you are on Mac, you know that already.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:06 PM

Default Zoom

Just FYI. When I mess with the zoom columns, rows, and text tend to get jumbled.