Old 12-24-2015, 06:25 AM

Default Autopopulate from the down direction?

Why does the puzzle autopopulate the solution only in the across direction?

Sometimes I solve a puzzle first in the down direction, with all boxes filled, so the answers are all there, but then it takes time to transfer all the answers to the across direction before the puzzle lets me submit the answer, and that adds unnecessary time to my score!

Could it be changed so that if all the boxes in the first column in the down direction are filled, you can submit the answer?
Old 12-25-2015, 05:10 PM

Across seems to work pretty well for me...
Old 12-28-2015, 07:12 PM

I don't mean instead of across, but in addition to across.

It just seems like a waste of valuable time to have to transfer the answers to the across direction in order to submit it if they are already there in the down direction. It gives a falsely slower time.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:52 AM

Default Wording

I think you mean that you want the puzzle to recognize the answers that you enter both ways rather than automatically transfer the answers to the top as auto-transferring them would be more than a convenience factor but actually an aid. If it were just to recognize that the answers were all there and allow a final submit, then that would be enough.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:44 AM

Yes, recognize the correct answer in both directions. As it is now, all the boxes have to be filled in across the top block before you are able to submit your answer.

Sometimes, I get all the boxes filled in down the first column block before the across direction is filled in, which still gives all the information, and I can't submit my answer. I have to spend game time filling in across the top block for it to allow me to submit, which gives a falsely slow finish time.

I don't mean for the game to automatically fill in the across blocks, just recognize that I have all the answers in the down direction so I can submit my answer.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:06 AM

yeah, i start by only working the top row as much as possible, but there is always those stray puzzles where i end up needing to fill in much more 'down below' - those are the ones where if i had started to go vertically instead, i might have been able to do it all at once. but not sure how to tell that from the start to know which way to go!

.bri.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:48 PM

Smile

across works perfectly well for me