Old 07-19-2010, 05:37 PM

Default Shaded arears on the grid?

Hi all,

I've noticed for some time now that if you mishit a square on a line, you create shaded areas in the puzzles. Sometimes it's just a square and other times it can take up most of the grid and the clues. I've never stopped to try to figure it out as I'm trying to finish the puzzles. I have noticed if you then hit outside the puzzle, these shaded areas vanish. Anyone know what this feature is? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
pcuser
Old 07-20-2010, 01:17 AM

Default Shaded Areas

Hi pcuser:

I've had it happen and don't think it really means anything. Apparently, that square in the grid has received the focus but not quite registered either an X or O. As soon as you click somewhere else, the focus moves and thus no more shading.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Laura

(P.S. Your mailbox is full)

Last edited by Laura; 07-20-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:45 AM

Default Shaded area is highlighting

I have found that if you click on the clues, you can highlight the clue you are working on without losing your place, the same holds true for the grid. I suppose it could be useful if you want to focus on one line or column, but I've only done it on the grid by accident.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:40 PM

Default It took me a while...

... to figure out you could cancel the shading by clicking outside the puzzle. Shading the clue you're working on is a clever idea, especially, "The five people are..."