Old 05-19-2009, 01:40 AM

Unhappy So many games, so little time

I'm wondering how it's possible to do 60 games in approx. 105min? We've been through the impossible scores of 20 secs and lost our privilege of choosing our puzzles and now I see a new trend in, dare I say, cheating? I've just cracked the 2million mark in hall of fame overall scores after 8 months of consistent play and slooowly improving my game. I'm very frustrated and think I may have just played my last game
Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 AM

I just recently registered. Could you explain what you mean by "cheating"?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 AM

I congratulate you on your success and improvement. I understand where you
are coming from. I have backed off playing also. I love the great game and really
appreciate the work and dedication of the Admin.

But am tired of seeing and trying to compete against the false super low scores
for most games. wow 1 minute 25 seconds no way I or most of us will beat that

This Puzzle's Statistics
Success Rate: 62.9%
Average Time: 316.8 seconds
Record Time: 85 seconds (POSSIBLECHEATER)
Your Time: 234 seconds

I want to see how many people are making up the AVERAGE time and success rate. I want to see how many points the "winner" gets to compare with what I get.

In the monthly competitions, unless you dedicate every second of the day for the
whole month, you may not even make a list never mind the top 20. I would like
to see ALL of us, not just the top 50-100 on the list. Then at least it acknowledges
you. I would also like to be able to see a couple of months back just to be able to
compare.

The monthly Success rate List should NOT contain someone 58% no matter what when there are those of us with 100% missing. It is insulting.

As for the Hall of Fame, I have been a member since August 2008, those of us who started back then can not have a 100% success rate because we could
not come back to a game.

I will continue to return and play cause I do love the game itself
Old 05-26-2009, 08:50 PM

I just thought I'd take a second to point out that in the time I've been here(less than a month or so), I've managed to get my times down below 120secs on a regular basis and have scored records on maybe one in every ten grids I've worked on. I don't use any sort of cheating program or work around, I just enjoy the challenge and try to race with myself to get there quickly. I don't think it's at all fair to claim that every such low time must be cheating, though I will definitely acknowledge that I may be the odd man out here.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:45 AM

I'm with you, MrTroll. I have frequently gotten times at or below 85 seconds, especially on the 4x4 puzzles, and I resent being labeled as a "possible cheater," as I have never cheated on these puzzles (and honestly don't have time to put in the effort to figure out how to cheat). My low times come from many years of playing logic puzzles. As for playing 60 games in 105 minutes, that works out to an average time of 105 seconds per game, which is do-able. I would be considerably below that mark if I only played 4x4 puzzles (as I think some people are doing - they can usually tell by the "fast solve" time whether it's a 4x4 or 5x5 puzzle).
Old 06-09-2009, 02:33 AM

I've just come across a 4x4 that was solved in 56 seconds...surely that someone cheating.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newiecrow View Post
I've just come across a 4x4 that was solved in 56 seconds...surely that someone cheating.
I solved a 4x4 in just under a minute the other day WITHOUT cheating. That's the first and only time I've ever solved one in less than a minute. From what I remember, Admin is throwing out any times/scores that fall under one minute anyway, which is fine with me. There's got to be a cut-off somewhere, I guess.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl231 View Post
In the monthly competitions, unless you dedicate every second of the day for the
whole month, you may not even make a list never mind the top 20. I would like
to see ALL of us, not just the top 50-100 on the list. Then at least it acknowledges
you. I would also like to be able to see a couple of months back just to be able to
compare.
I'm with you on this one. On the Wordtwist site, once you play 50 games a month, you are eligible for the average word and average score competitions. I'd like to see something like that done here. I was really getting my times down here and was looking forward to seeing how much better I could rank each month, but then the number of people playing a large number of games increased, and I couldn't even qualify. So, it has been a month since I have played. I say leave the high score competition to those who are willing to play the volume of games needed. For the success rate and fastest solver, put a reasonable limit on the minimum number of games needed.