Old 02-04-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiagardezis View Post
stanstar i have not only seen it with my own eyes but many times.all i keep thinking is mensa club is here
Hi sadiagardezis, what exactly have you seen many times? I agree with you, Mensa is indeed here. I am definitely not short on the IQ stakes but it is bewildering to see many impossible looking times.

Stan
Old 02-04-2014, 12:44 PM

what i meant was after i complete a puzzle and check the record time for its completion sometimes it is less than 60 seconds that too for a 4x7 puzzle type.to accomplish such a feat one not only needs a very high IQ but fine motor skills too.Anyway they are impressive.next time i'll try to remember the contestant's name and let you know.hope that answers your question.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:41 PM

Thanks sadia. I have noticed that after I finish a 4x5 challenge level, Niki has set another record for that puzzle. I did one an hour or so and I was pleased with my quick time of 22 minutes and saw niki did it in 4 mins or thereabouts. I cannot read the clues and make the x's on the initial pass in that short time. I think to myself the record holders for the puzzle have it finished completely by that time.

Stan
Old 02-04-2014, 04:17 PM

Default Sadiagardezis congratulations

Hi sadiagardezis, I just finished a 4x5 challenge which took me an hour. I found it so difficult. Lo and behold the record was set by yourself at 4.4 minutes! You are one of them! It was #1467759 Dr Quinn, Dr Salinas Bale hahn

Stan
Old 02-05-2014, 05:29 AM

dear stanstar yes i have broken a few records for 4x5 or smaller puzzles i guess it was pure dumb luck.i wish i were like the others.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:38 PM

I just did a 4x5 challenge in 12.2 minutes my best time ever on those types. Still on the slow and trying for average. smyth1mm did it in record time 2.99minutes! Well done! I found a few more with viki as record holder on another 3.

Stan
Old 02-08-2014, 05:13 AM

i am so glad for you.when i do a puzzle quickly i feel euphoric.lol
Old 02-08-2014, 09:30 AM

You must feel euphoric quite a lot. I see you are way up with the best solvers. No.42 Congrats.

Stan
Old 02-09-2014, 09:50 AM

I don't seem to be getting much faster. Although recently I did a challenge 4x5 in 12.2 minutes, I still take as long as an hour or even 72minutes the other day there. Sometimes to my dismay I notice that my effort is the one at the Right hand side of the graph. I feel a wee bit fed up when I see that. Because I am not in the top hundred, is there a way where I can see my rankings. If I could see my rankings improve, I would be encouraged. Is it my age? I am 67. Maybe I'm too old to improve. Maybe the ADMIN can tell me my ranking?

Stan

I just done 4x5 challenge type 23 mins = slow vaskeet record 3.9 mins

Last edited by stanstar; 02-09-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:07 PM

Default well done sadiagardezis

Well done for a record of just 4minutes for the 4x5 challenge puzzle it took me 57 minutes to solve. I thought near that time I would have to ask for a hint but I managed it. How the heck can you do that? Can you give us a hint or three please?

Stan