Go Back   Logic Puzzle Forums > Logic-Puzzles.org Discussion > Questions About Logic-Puzzles.org

Old 03-03-2014, 10:44 AM

I don't think a steeper penalty would fix anything.

If you are trying for points, and willing to game the system, then they can just pick one of the "A & B are C & D" clues. Make a guess, and check errors. If it is wrong, then just throw the puzzle away and grab another. If it is right, then you just got a huge unfair advantage.

Even if the check errors button was gone completely, people could still use the guess method to get best times. Some puzzles would go badly early, and they would be unsolvable, but for others they would get record times. The main players that would be hurt are those who don't care about points, and just used the "check errors" button to make sure they weren't off track.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:56 AM

In response to Blabs. I have the same question.

I do not have a "check" button either, only "clear errors" which does assign a penalty or as I recently learned, one can click on "answers" to the right of "clues" if a choice populates the top tier.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:27 PM

How about everyone plays their way and leaves others alone - - its not like your getting anything physical like money as a reward for finishing in record time - - one calls it cheating someone calls it checking their work - - who cares its a game people its supposed to be fun
Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 PM

Default Check for Errors

I hadn't been to the site in months but since last week I've been solving and love the new format. The major overhaul reminds me of the improvement a few years ago for Cryptograms. It's awesome! My scores are lower because I'm rusty and using the largest grids, but I also use the check for errors feature and when there are no errors there's no penalty. As others have said, it's a great time-saver, but personally I'm very glad there's no points penalty when the grid is correct.

I'm amazed at some of the very high scores and quite impressed. There are some really talented people here!!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 AM

Default To Blabs

To Blabs: It confused me too at first. Checking is clearing errors. If u check and have no errors then no penalty.