Old 12-13-2013, 12:16 PM

Default Ads make it impossible

to read the hints. The almond ad is on top of the hint, with no way to make it go away.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:33 PM

After the change I didn't have this problem, but it started for me, too, last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMickHead View Post
to read the hints. The almond ad is on top of the hint, with no way to make it go away.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:09 PM
Administrator

I've located the source of the almond ad and have scheduled it to be removed from rotation - hopefully soon. Are you seeing this happening with any other ads, or is that the main culprit?
Old 12-27-2013, 02:03 PM

I am seeing an ad overlap issue with which whatever the left bottom ad is. I can tell what it says, but a clue would be harder to read.

Firefox 26.0 on Windows 8, screenshot taken 4pm on 12/27/2013.
Attached Images
File Type: png Logic Puzzles ad overlap.png (331.5 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-27-2013, 10:11 PM

I'm using Google Chrome, and I'm seeing it with the California Milk ad as well. It seems to be whatever video ad is playing in the bottom left corner. The static ad just to the right of it never has an overlap issue from what I can tell.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:40 AM

Angry grid and clues not displayed on same frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I've located the source of the almond ad and have scheduled it to be removed from rotation - hopefully soon. Are you seeing this happening with any other ads, or is that the main culprit?
The space used for header and ad take up so much space that all the clues cannot be displayed on the same frame as the grid, unless the font is 100% or lower. I have sent in this issue previously. There are many ways the spacing of clues and grid could be displayed so they could be seen on same frame. The oinly games I can play are 3 x 4, or 3 x 5. Could you please correct this.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aglaea View Post
The space used for header and ad take up so much space that all the clues cannot be displayed on the same frame as the grid, unless the font is 100% or lower. I have sent in this issue previously. There are many ways the spacing of clues and grid could be displayed so they could be seen on same frame. The oinly games I can play are 3 x 4, or 3 x 5. Could you please correct this.
I, too, experience this problem, primarily with 4 x 7. Those of us who require larger print because of aging eyesight are effectively being punished for getting old. Any (viable) suggestions? (p.s. Eyesight recently checked and prescription updated -- so I've done my part )
Old 01-25-2014, 11:55 PM

What browser are you using? A few different things you can do - if you're using google chrome - simply go to the extensions (you should be able to google it) and choose the adblock (which you don't have to pay for) to block the ads , then depending on screen size - adjust the slider on the right side of your screen to where you need the puzzle positioned -

good luck!
Old 01-26-2014, 04:20 AM

On the more complex, or rather largest number of separate clues, it happens even after you have paid to not have ads.

What I do is run the clues first for the no-brainers, A=B or A is not B and click on them to move them to used clues.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:35 AM

Default Change fixed width on active clues

I know the answer - change the Active Clues box to not be "fixed width" - then we could drag it wider when we needed to,.