Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Default Logic Puzzles Version 2.0

As you probably can tell by now, Logic Puzzles Version 2.0 is live! This includes an entirely new puzzle library, split between 6 different puzzle sizes and 3 difficulty levels, and dozens of new features and user-suggested improvements.

I want to extend a big thank you to all the folks who helped beta test the new site over the past week - you found a number of issues which would otherwise have slipped through the cracks. (There may still be a few hiccups here and there, so please drop us an email or post to the forum if you notice anything strange.)

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions and patience - this relaunch has been nearly 3 years in the making, and it couldn't have been done without your input and support throughout the process.

Cheers, and happy solving!

Stephen
Old 12-06-2013, 07:57 PM

I love this! My favorite is the difficulty option, since I'd get tired of refreshing over and over trying to find a harder one.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:01 PM

What happened to all the points earned up until now?!? I have no problem with the new version other than it completely wiped out 6 days worth of points. It's pretty frustrating.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:24 PM

The grid gets all messed up and really hard to look at if you try to change the text size in Firefox.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:32 PM

My points are still there but it says I've done zero puzzles. I guess we have to start from scratch...?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Administrator

@moonlit, @deacon - Unfortunately the new site requires a new and separate scoring system, so yes, everyone is starting from scratch. Sorry about that! I will be looking into ways of transferring over past trophies to the new site, though.

@kericide - I see some of the grid lines get a little "spacey" when zoomed in on Firefox, but the text seems ok. I'll look into what we can do to alleviate this. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:18 PM

Splendid! Oh, splendid! I'm with tjsrc - When the "new" puzzles went up awhile back, I lost interest in the "old" ones, so I kept calling up another puzzle, another puzzle, another puzzle till I got a "new" one. (I wasn't good at those, but they were always interesting.) And the Hint now gives an explanation. I've used 1 hint so far and spent a long time figuring out why it was correct. That was cool - I struggled with the logic in the hint.

When you upgrade, you sure do upgrade! Thanks.

Last edited by BrightSky9; 12-06-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: my mistake
Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 PM

Default Loving the beta testing and the new features

Hello, beta testers and Stephen! I'm so excited to be a part of this. Logic puzzles have been my favourite challenge for about 30 years, but doing them online blows doors on the pencil and paper method

It looks like a couple of the glitches I ran into early on are resolved now. Awesome! So, here are some things I absolutely love about the new site features:

1. The highlighting of top and left lines make it so easy to be sure I am putting an X or circle exactly where I mean to put it. This is great.
2. The auto-X-ing is such a time and effort saver! You have no idea how many times I’ve wished for a feature like this, so I am thrilled.

A couple of suggestions:

‘Select Your Puzzle Parameters’ page: the slider bar doesn’t actually slide, so you have to click on it. This design makes it difficult to judge where on the line I should click to find my desired grid size and difficulty level.

Also, it appears that the site no longer lets you know if you hold the new record for fastest solving time. I truly loved the feeling of accomplishing the fastest time on a puzzle and would like to see that featured again. On the old site, it would be a great boost on a bad day to be able to look at my Personal Scores and see how many records I have held and how many of them have been beaten or still stand. I’d love to see this as a feature on the new site!

Back to the testing for me!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:34 PM

So far, I love the Undo/Remove Errors/Hint features. They allow me to check my work while still receiving credit for completing the puzzle, although it takes away from the total score. I missed being able to copy/paste clues into the Notes section, but I enjoyed being able to click the clues to move them to the bottom section. Auto-fill of the X's after finding where the circle goes is genius! Also, it used to always frustrate me how hints never gave any additional information, only gave the answer. I haven't used a hint with this version yet, but based on previous comments, I think that may be updated too!

Super excited about the changes and will let you know if I find any bugs.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:01 AM

It would help if immovable adverts did not block out the submit button, where I am NOW stuck, unable to submit!!