Old 05-02-2012, 06:45 AM

Thumbs up Sort feature, harder puzzles

I'm a new member, and I really like what I've seen here so far, but I wish there was a way to sort or seek out puzzles with certain feature, like choosing in advance whether you get a 4x4 or 5x5 puzzle, or if you want to specifically challenge yourself to one of the puzzles with the current longest average solve time or lowest completion rate. It's frustrating having to just refresh the page dozens of times hoping to get one of the twenty-minute puzzles with a 30% solve rate.

I know that this site does competitions, but I'm not interested in that. Many of the lowest scores on these puzzles seem like they're below scores that any human could produce unassisted. Likewise, the highest scorers on the monthly contest are apparently solving something like 5000 puzzles a month, and I have things to do. So, if I want to solve a few, tough puzzles every now and then, what can I do? For that matter, I would be interested in seeing some 6x6 or even larger puzzles on this site as well!

Thanks,

BZ.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 PM

Wink New format

Now you can choose in advance whether you get a 4x4 or 5x5 puzzle. Finding the current longest average solve time or lowest completion rate is not feasible. The hardest I've seen so far are medium difficulty 4x5 offerings in an hour of play. So, it will still be hard to find the very hardest puzzles with no guarantee they are the hardest. The lowest scores you see are higher than what a really good solvers can accomplish. My math and logic background has allowed me to see deep connections with some of the clues and allows me to extract the maximum information from the others, thus making for fast solve times. Lastly, the best players can get a million points with fewer than 2000 puzzles and only playing less than 2 hours a day. So,if you play while drinking your coffee in the morning and awhile after work or whatever to unwind, you have a million points in a month.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 PM

I agree - I would like to zero in on specific difficulty and time. The new format is even worse - now you cannot even see the percent difficulty or avg time
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM

[quote=butterat2001;670]I'm a new member, and I really like what I've seen here so far, but I wish there was a way to sort or seek out puzzles with certain feature, like choosing in advance whether you get a 4x4 or 5x5 puzzle, or if you want to specifically challenge yourself to one of the puzzles with the current longest average solve time or lowest completion rate. It's frustrating having to just refresh the page dozens of times hoping to get one of the twenty-minute puzzles with a 30% solve rate.

I know that this site does competitions, but I'm not interested in that. Many of the lowest scores on these puzzles seem like they're below scores that any human could produce unassisted. Likewise, the highest scorers on the monthly contest are apparently solving something like 5000 puzzles a month, and I have things to do. So, if I want to solve a few, tough puzzles every now and then, what can I do? For that matter, I would be interested in seeing some 6x6 or even larger puzzles on this site as well!

Thanks,

Disappointed that there has been no response to requests for choosing puzzle difficulty, % success rate and avg time. it is very tedious to have to click through dozens of puzzles to get one challenging enough to do.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:58 PM

I would like to second the motion for the option to choose difficulty. I'm not at that level, but my father is and he seems to think that a lot of these puzzles are easy. That said, we both enjoy the site .
Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 PM

I just wanted to push the topic.

As I play here not for statistics but only for fun I love to solve puzzles with a high difficulty level to find a real challenge apart from the solving time.

While searching it oftens takes many tries (at least 20) to find a puzzle with a solving rate lower than 25% or an average solving time higher than 800 secs.

Having the option to choose the level would be really great.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:07 PM

Default Level of difficulty

I also wish we could select puzzles by level of difficulty. To me, the most challenging puzzles are the most fun to solve. Lately it has been very difficult to find the harder puzzles. I keep clicking "new game" and they all come up in the 60 - 85 % range. It can take 20 clicks or so to get to a more challenging puzzle.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:43 PM

Smile Oh, how I agree with that!

Yes, a sort feature would be wonderful! I feel like I am practically getting carpal tunnel from hitting refresh a million times to try and find a puzzle with a 30% or less solve rate. It is a big waste of time. We'd be so grateful!
Old 09-28-2013, 04:40 AM

Check out http://www.printable-puzzles.com/pri...ic-puzzles.php

Try the 4x6 and 4x7 puzzles if you're looking for a weekly challenge .
Old 10-02-2013, 01:00 AM

Thanks Zenobia! They look great