Old 08-09-2013, 02:23 AM

Post Did it again

I apparently missed another puzzle again today. When I last checked my scores I was at 100% but 373 minutes later when I came back to the site there was an unsolved puzzle in my list. I'm not as concerned for time solved as I am for 100% completion so I'm glad I caught it. (Obviously, my solve time went way up.)

Others have mentioned having the same experience. Are these phantom puzzles by any chance?
Old 08-09-2013, 01:56 PM

I had a puzzle appear in my unsolved list. When I calculated the start time, I would have had to start the puzzle in my sleep. Other puzzle start times lined up with when I know I was at my computer.

Yes. I do believe it is a phantom.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:56 PM

Wink

It definitely could be a glitch. I once figured out how to generate an "unfinished" puzzle that didn't appear in the unfinished puzzles section at all. I sent data to admin, but heard nothing. By the time it was pertinent again months later, I'd forgotten the exact sequence to generate them. I tried but couldn't recreate it. At least these phantom puzzles mostly appear in the unfinished puzzles section if you notice it within 24 hours. So they can be finished.