Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 PM

Unhappy Cache

I've noticed in the last few days that the site works differently when there is a temporary database or server problem. It used to be that I could press the Back button to see my puzzle and then click the Submit button to try again.

Now, I get a Confirm Form Submission page and the only way I can see my puzzle again is to go to Recent Games and start all over. Is this something temporary? It's really irritating.

Thanks!

Laura
Old 07-30-2013, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Hi Laura -

Sorry about that, we had to do some db maintenance today and it caused a few short outages.

RE: your question, whether or not your browser remembers your previous game state after a db failure is unfortunately up to your browser - its not something we can control on our end. Your X's and O's are stored entirely in your browser's memory until you actually submit them to our server.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 PM

I wondered if it might be the browser. I'm using Chrome and up to a few days ago there was never a problem. I'll try Firefox next. (I hate using IE but will try it and see if there's any difference if Firefox won't cache either.)

Thanks!

Best regards,
Laura
Old 08-01-2013, 10:10 PM

Smile

I can't believe the difference a browser makes -- I've gone back to using Firefox on this site and love it!