Go Back   Logic Puzzle Forums > Puzzle Baron's Logic Puzzles - The Book!

Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM

Default Looking for clarifications for some puzzles

I'm just finishing the first book, I have the second one just waiting to begin. But there are some puzzles that I couldn't solve. I may be missing some clue or not being able to follow a reasoning, but I really would like to understand what I missed. Those are the following:

Page 97 - how to identify that from Scott and Derrick who is manufacturing and who is pharmaceutical, and to assign the AMBR, CFWT and HOPN to Brett, Derrick, and Scott.

Page 125 - How to identify between Carter and Julius for balloons (and sunset), and their last names and account types.

Page 127 - Distinguish between Darren and Trevor as first and second, and the haircuts that the only I could identify was bowl cut.

Page 138 - I obtained multiple possibilities that satisfy the clues. The June 8, 11, and 17 can also be 10:45 (Ephrata), 6:00 (Isanti), and 8:30 (watong) respectively.

I'll appreciate any feedback. I don't like loose ends. Thanks in advance.

mat
Old 04-04-2012, 03:06 PM

I've got another one that can have multiple responses that match the clues. It is the one in page 147. An example of other alternative is as follows.

First Avery E Bowline
Second Sam B Half-hitch
Third Dustin A Sheep shank
Fourth Ashton C Sheet
Fifth Norbert D Halyard

If I'm missing an assumption please let me know.

Thanks in advance

mat100