Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 AM

Default Not counted toward monthly contest?

I worked really hard all May to get into/stay in the Hall of Fame lists, and to get as high as I could. IIRC I was sitting in 13th on the High Score list, and 19 on the Fastest Time list. I know that my average time was 228.something for the month. Even so, I was completely skipped over on the two lists, and I see people who had lower average times than me on the top average time list. What's going on?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:12 AM

Wink Check again...

Dessa,

I just looked at May 2011 (the bottom of the list for Hall of Fame) and you are showing on High Score and Fastest Solver...maybe you looked at May 2010 before they got the current month posted.

Keep up the good work, it's fun, isn't it?
Old 04-03-2012, 09:41 AM

I have to agree with OP, I did over 100 puzzles in March, 100% success rate, average time 155 seconds or so, yet I don't appear on any of the lists.

Is there more to the algorithm than pure numbers?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyosha47 View Post
I have to agree with OP, I did over 100 puzzles in March, 100% success rate, average time 155 seconds or so, yet I don't appear on any of the lists.

Is there more to the algorithm than pure numbers?
You have to be in the top fifty total points and have a 75% completion rate to be in the best time list. You need to be in the top 20 for points list. I believe you have to be in the top 50 total points for the completion rate list. The completion % is the first statistic considered for that list. Thus, in March 2011, myprac scored 8'th in the total points list while ranking only 20'th in the success rate list because myprac only had a 99.86% success rate. Had myprac had a 75% success rate, myprac wouldn't have made the success rate list at all. Does that clear things up?