Old 01-02-2011, 07:37 AM

Default 100% success rate

I have 100% success on the month of December 2010. I can see some players who don't have 100% success rate in the first 20. Even though I have 100% success rate, I don't have a place in the first 20. Why is it so?
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 PM

More likely than not, you did not score in the top 50 in the High Score Competition. In order to qualify for both the Fastest Solver and the Success Rate you have to be in the top 50 on the High Score.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:52 AM

Question High score

What is the trick to getting the highest score? Sometimes a harder puzzle (lower success rate) and a short time (lower than average time and/or close to best time) yields a lower score as compared to an easier puzzle (higher success rate) and a short time. And, how are some puzzles solved in one minute? A fast computer no doubt. Is there some sort of rule, like an if then statement? Or is it something like any blank corner box that is surrounded by 3 x's can be marked as a true statement??
Old 01-06-2011, 04:02 PM

Actually, the most points are awarded for 5X5 puzzles, and being able to solve one in a minute or less takes practice--you begin seeing patterns. If you are new to the site try staying with the 4X4's (usually those with the fastest average completion times and the highest success rates) until you feel more comfortable. Also, everyone has a different method for solving the puzzles. Some look for "The five people were....", or "Of this person and that person..." clues. Once you become more familiar with the way the puzzles work you'll find a method that suits you best.

Good luck
Old 04-09-2011, 12:32 AM

Cool Qualify

If you need to hit the top 50 High Scores to win anything that should be told up front. And it isn't fair, some of us have lives! Accuracy and speed are not the same as sheer time devoted to something.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Administrator

If we didn't have the "Top 50" requirement, then people could solve one puzzle a month and win the 100% solve rate trophy rather easily, or solve one puzzle very quickly and win the fastest solver competition. For either of those two competitions to be fair, there must be evidence that the player was sufficiently challenged by a large number of puzzles during the contest - so that their solve rate or average time is evidence of excellence over a long period of time, and not just a momentary fluke.

Thanks for playing!
Old 04-10-2011, 01:37 AM

I just play alot because I like it. Been doing it since the 80's. I don't care about speed or competitions. I just really try to solve all within 24 hrs.