Old 11-23-2010, 04:10 AM

Default Duplicate Puzzles

if there are millions of puzzles, i wonder why I see so many duplicate ones. Also, when the monthly stats are posted, the names of the fastest solvers are names I've never seen before. I do many, many puzzles, so one would think I'd have seen these people's names at least once.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:53 PM

By duplicate, do you mean 100% exactly the same - with the clues listed in the exact same way? You can use the same derivatives, change one clue, and have a slightly different result - it is a different puzzle then...

I believe the names of the fastest solvers for a given puzzle are not being updated at the moment, so the fastest solver stats for a given puzzle are old. I am often getting fastest solver, but have never seen my name anywhere except in the monthly stats