Old 09-03-2010, 04:10 AM

Unhappy Mouse clicks are causing random box characters

When I used to left click once on my mouse, a X would appear and fill the box. Twice meant green dot.

Now I often find that one left click produces a green dot, which is not what I am trying for.

I am also getting a lot of reminders that I can't have 2 of the green dots in the same line when I am only left clicking once to add an X. It's frustrating because it takes a lot longer to play the game.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or is it a mouse issue on my end?

Suggestions?
Old 09-03-2010, 11:21 PM

Default Clicks

I've not had problems with single clicks causing green dots as apposed to X's. However, I have accidentally double-clicked when I meant to single click, thus causing the warning. I really wish I could turn off that warning as I know when I accidentally trigger it. It just wastes time to address the warning and get back to solving the puzzle.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 AM

Hi
I haven't encountered this problem (yet)!!

However, are you using a wireless mouse? This may be the cause of your problem.

Cheers
Old 09-04-2010, 05:35 PM

Default Wireless mouse

Yes, I am using a wireless mouse but I have been using the same mouse for years so I don't know why it's happening just recently. Perhaps a battery change will fix it or I'll try plugging in a wired mouse and see if it fixes it. Thank you.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuser View Post
I've not had problems with single clicks causing green dots as apposed to X's. However, I have accidentally double-clicked when I meant to single click, thus causing the warning. I really wish I could turn off that warning as I know when I accidentally trigger it. It just wastes time to address the warning and get back to solving the puzzle.
What's worse is when it is incorrect in both directions, and you get two warning boxes!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:04 AM

You might try just giving the mouse a good cleaning. I have multiple pets and when my mouse starts double-clicking on its own it's usually pet hair clogging the clicker.