Old 01-19-2015, 04:18 AM

Default Can any1 answer this puzzle?

If so, please explain your reasoning
Old 01-19-2015, 05:50 AM

Default Wild Guesses

For #33, I noticed that the choices didn't allow for orienting the triangle in the hexagram. There are three ways each choice could be oriented, but I didn't see any way to specify that. I also was confused about the blank triangle in the hexagram.

The simplest scheme I could think of was that the symbols (black dot, white dot, arrow) inside the hexagon triangles were all in the same rotational order. Going clockwise, the symbols were: white dot, black dot, arrow for each triangle - except for the blank triangle.

The only triangle that has that order among the available choices is option C. So that's my wild guess for #33.

For #11, I was totally stumped until I decided to use a very simple classification of the figures in the prototype. Counting the angles, I got 0, 3, 5. Among the choices, I found 4, 6, 7, 8. So I would pick C. The number of angles is odd, and it's the only one with vertical asymmetry. So my wild guess for #11 is C.

Another way of looking at this one was by counting the additional line segments as one goes from the left to right in the prototype. Assuming that all line segments have one end at the vertex of the figure, two line segments are added in each case, and the only option that has two additional line segments is choice C.

I think there must be a better solution out there, so I look forward to someone else's reasoning.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:35 PM

For #11 I would choose the same as you for the same reasons. I don't know if I'm right or not.
For #33 I am thinking this is a 3d box shape which puts the answer "triangle" as the bottom of the box. I am not sure how to figure out which one is correct, though I am tending towards answers C or D. If you look at each side of the box, you will see that the arrow is in a different corner on each of 3 sides. The shape you pick would be for the bottom of the box and the arrow would be in the Right corner of that square which makes up the bottom of the box. I am having a little trouble visualizing which shape would give you that.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:51 PM

Thanks for your answers/explanation guys, Any others want to make an attempt?
Old 01-23-2015, 03:43 PM

33. A: The pattern is rotating counter clockwise within each subsequent triangle for any 3 triangles.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:41 AM

triangles on a lattice
Old 01-26-2015, 05:44 PM

#33. C
#11. C
Old 01-27-2015, 02:39 PM

# 33) I took a wild guess and picked C. If you rotate the triangles in the direction of the arrows until the configuration matches then C is the answer. I am confused about the blank triangle.

# 11) If you count the line as a 180 degree angle, then the angles are 1, 3, 5 so I chose C because it has 7 angles.

I'd love to see more of an explanation on what to do if possible.