Old 01-06-2013, 09:15 PM

Exclamation challenge part 4

Hello once again! We are back again and with a great puzzle! But before I do That, lets give ANOTHER round of applause for are first double winner: novacula! He won the second and third puzzle and will have his name up twice in logicians hall!

Today's puzzle is a little gross, but very hard.

Two men, George and Thomas, are about to put their ship in the dock. Thomas realizes that a rock is blocking their way from the dock and decides to check it out. " be careful," says George. " make sure to move it, we don't want to crash into it.". As Thomas is getting ready to go out, he accidentally gets a rip in his pants. George notices the tear and attempts to warn Thomas as he is opening the door. As George rushes towards the door, he is to late and finds his friend killed in a gory fashion. What happened to Thomas?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM

Default two guesses

you seem to like these vague puzzles with multiple potential answers...

first guess: it is a space ship. the rock in a asteroid. the rip in the spacesuit causes depresurization when he goes out of the airlock and he explodes in a rather "gory" fashon.

second guess: it is a regular ship. the rock is a rock. the man's pants get caught on either the edge of the sip, or on the door and he gets squished beween the ship and the rock.

for your next one can you try something a bit more logic based and less "looking at the problem through the eyes of the poster"?

i'd suggest something like the 3 switches/1 lightbulb in a closed room problem. if people don't already know that one I can post it.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 PM

Default thank you though

I realized that my prior post may have been interpreted as rude, I just wanted to make clear that is not what I intended at all.
I appreciate the fun challenges you have been coming up with, and I look forward to what you decide for the next one.

However, especially with the last challenge I think there were some other answers that had the same general idea as what you said was the correct answer, and fit all the criteria (the sinking ship one?).

I don't mind those kind of problems, but i kind feel partial credit is due for coming up with an answer that fits, but isnt the exact one you were thinking of.
Of course, it's up to you as they are your challenges
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM

Red face good sugestion and congrats

Well, we got the answer! Today's winner is ephaliren! I am a little disappointed that it was solved I less than 15 hours, so I am giving one more puzzle! Ephaliren will be put in logicians hall with another person. And that person is the one who solves the other puzzle!

There are 5 circles in a horizontal line () and there are 5 shapes (a cross, a triangle, a circle, a square, and a hexagon. Can you place the shapes on the correct places so they follow the clues?

Clues:
1. Neither the cross nor cicle is next to the hexagon
2. Neither the cross nor circle is next to the triangle
3. Neither the circle nor hexagon is next to the square
4. The triangle is just to the right of the square
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 PM

Exclamation suggestion box!!!!

By the way, I have just opened a suggestion box for suggestions on THE CHALLENGE. So if you have something to say about THE CHALLENGE, go to THE CHALLENGE SUGGESTIONS! ( its a thread)
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM

Default challenge pt 2

is it :
circle cross square triangle hexagon?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 AM

Arrow another right answer!

Ephaliren got a second one right in less than 20 hours! I will now put up one MORE puzzle: find the secret word in the grid below.

9\18\18\3\5\3
18\5\5\22\15\15
19\5\4\9\3\15
3\22\15\18\22\19
15\22\5\22\18\5
22\5\18\18\19\18
Old 01-09-2013, 05:19 PM

so for the first one, the space ship was the right answer?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 PM

Yeah, it is

Tags
the test