Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Default Patterns

After you've played for a while, you notice patterns in the puzzles. Specifically "the five people are" and the "among XXX and YYY" clues. You can solve them quickly that way, but I doubt anyone would waste their time doing so only to get high scores. I can only imagine that players are here for the pure enjoyment of solving logic puzzles. Although I've recognized the patterns I ignore them.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:44 AM

Thanks Laura, you're right, they are rather addicting and I do like solving them for the enjoyment of it....but getting those little "trophies" for different things is a challenge and I find myself trying to win one of those. Need to learn to cut myself some slack. Thanks again, and hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Just keep practicing and you'll get much faster. I remember having to spend almost half an hour at one puzzle. And when I first got here, I even started using an Excel spreadsheet. Now I don't need to use one.

Anyway, just have fun! In time you'll start getting some of those trophies.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:44 PM

I remembered a post by Admin a few years ago that addressed fast solve times. I'm not sure if the results of his analysis would be the same today, but here it is for anyone who's interested.

...http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/s...?p=201#post201
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM

Default Fast scores

I have noticed that there are certain patterns and solutions to many of the puzzles that come up. Once you recognize those patterns it is a matter of memory. Sometimes you can memorize some of the patterns in your mind. Is that cheating?

Tags
cheater, high score, score, speed