Old 11-11-2012, 09:28 PM

Question Fast solvers?

I've noticed that some of the high score holders in the monthly rankings seem to have unrealistic solving speeds. (For example, average solve speed of under 60 seconds for over 1,000 puzzles.) Are these individuals cheating, or have they just reached a higher plane of logic-puzzle-solving existence?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:49 PM

Default Times under 60 secs is possible

Hi,
As a player holding records under 60 secs in monthly competition tables, it's quite possible to solve games under 60 secs without cheating. However, you have to practise a lot.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM

Default I agree

I also have practiced a lot. However, it is or was possible to do so by cheating. Long ago, I tested my ideas on a very small scale and under a different username so as not to taint my username. Those ideas worked and I stopped immediately so as not to mess up the statistics of this site. I can vouch for tulga as I have noticed statistics indicating some of his methods to do it fairly. For others, I can't say...
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM

Thanks for the replies! I'm very impressed with both of your performances. Hopefully, with some practice, I'll eventually figure out some of your tricks.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM

Default Fun

The most important thing to remember is play fairly in regards to others on the site and the spirit of the game and to have fun while learning the way to great stats.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:38 AM

I have noticed someone now has 3.8s as a time. I am sorry but I cannot accept that anyone can do this without cheating.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:50 AM

3.8 is impossible. However, there seems to be a glitch. Today, I had my completion rate drop to 99.9% with no incomplete puzzles. When I looked at my recent puzzles, there were no incomplete puzzles over the time span I had across my 2 pages of scores. However, it showed a puzzle "completed" in 3 seconds. I'm fast, but not that fast. I sent all the data to administration. Hopefully they can fix the glitch. So, this may explain the 3.8 sec time you saw.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 AM

Default There was a glitch

Hi,
There has been a glitch and according to the reply posted by the admin at this link http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/showthread.php?t=208, no recover is possible. Some data have been lost forever.
I have also lost 125 games
That explains the weird score of 3.8 sec and other things.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:51 PM

Your right, solving these puzzle in under 60 secs is unrealistic! After playing the puzzles for awhile you may notice a pattern in the results. That is how these "fast solvers" achieve their rank!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 AM

So do the ones who are so quick at solving these puzzles just memorize each puzzle, or is there some other secret that "practicing" will help me discover? I can usually solve them, but just reading the clues takes 30 seconds to a minute, much less the time required to check the appropriate boxes. Help!!

Tags
cheater, high score, score, speed