Old 06-02-2012, 02:40 PM

Default Cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwack View Post
the answer is - they cheat! it is impossible to complete in under 2 minutes - my guess is they are copying from the book version they already completed

Love this site, but the 89 second completion records just really frustrate me!!!!

Quit everybody!
I don't think so. For me, I know i don't cheat. What is "the book version" anyway. When you have done as many puzzles as the best solvers have, come back here and try again with your silly comments. You can also check the evolution of solve times by tracing them in trophy rooms from the beginning to the present.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:12 AM

Default Practice and knowledge of logic

I am averaging about 400 seconds at the moment, but my best is 120 seconds for a 4x4 and 280 for a 4x5

Working out the ones with really low solve percentages has been a big help, as is starting fresh.

Also it takes about a minute to read the questions, so you only have about 30 or so seconds to make 30 clicks plus any red Xes you need to make.

So doable to get a record but you it takes a bit of luck to pick the correct starting point.

practice is really important, just like learning your multiplication tables.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwack View Post
the answer is - they cheat! it is impossible to complete in under 2 minutes - my guess is they are copying from the book version they already completed

Love this site, but the 89 second completion records just really frustrate me!!!!

Quit everybody!
No doubt there are people who don't play by the assumed rules, but I wouldn't say anyone cheats - they all play within the allowed presentation of the website - we just assume that you are not allowed to solve a puzzle, print it off, and use that printout to solve the same puzzle when you get it again. However, that method is allowed by the system, so it's not a cheat