Old 07-27-2014, 10:33 AM

Default Competitive mode

Could we get rid of hinting and error clearing for competitive mode? Maybe it's just me, but I feel like having a 100% completion rate means nothing when someone can just hint their way through a tough puzzle. The top 100 could then be composed of folks that have the most points AND a 100% completion rate. Doing so would mean that they not only have the fastest times, but didn't use any crutches or game skipping to get there. The HOF is a different matter, but even then things could be done to enhance the status of having a true 100% completion rate.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:58 AM

Unhappy Competative Mode

I just signed up to play and somehow ended up in competative mode. I don't want to be in competative modem at least not until I have more experience. How the heck do I get out of competative mode and just work some puzzles?
Old 09-01-2014, 04:15 AM

Default competative mode

Just click on "logout" at top of screen and then go back to 'play'!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:31 PM

I like the hint/clear error options....I see what you're saying, but I don't think its any more or less of a competition to get rid of those. I think that people that don't utilize hints and have fast times will just be on top of the list since using hints loses you 2 minutes each time

*one gals opinion*
Old 09-02-2014, 02:42 PM

Default Ways old site ways better

I agree that hints and cleared errors should not count as successful completions but I don't think letting just people with 100% be in the top ranking makes sense. I liked the old site when it came to this. There was a minimum accuracy rate based on successful completions and hints took away successful completion (there was no clear errors). Also there was and should be no penalty for an incorrect submission because it requires going back and looking for errors, fixing the grid, and/or starting over from scratch. I also liked the separate monthly top lists for points, speed, and accuracy.