Go Back   Logic Puzzle Forums > Logic-Puzzles.org Discussion > Questions About Logic-Puzzles.org

Old 12-21-2013, 06:10 PM

Default How does one copy a grid in progress to post in forum post?

Are there instructions on how to post a thumnail of the progress of a grid. I could only see a button at the bottom of a live game to save in the to do later place wherever that is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Stan
Old 12-21-2013, 08:14 PM

If you're using a PC, hold the Alt key down and press the PrtScr key usually found along the top row of keys near the F12 and Scroll Lock keys.

This puts an image of the active window into the Windows clipboard.

Objects in the clipboard can be pasted into other applications like Paint or other image editing applications and saved to your local hard drive.

Once you have an image stored on your hard drive, you can attach the image file to your forum message. You can do this by using the little paperclip icon at the top of the forum message composition window.

Press the paperclip, browse to the image file, and then upload. The image will be attached to the message, and you can leave it as an attachment.

If you want to position the image within your text:

Once the image is attached, you can insert it into your message by positioning the cursor in the message composition window where you want the image, and then select the little drop down arrow to the right of the paperclip icon and select the image name. This positioning step is optional.

I inserted an image here -> LogicPuzzle.png to demonstrate.

Notice that I got a bonus demonstration of horizontal lines disappearing when I took a screen shot of a reduced size Firefox window to get all the clues to fit.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:36 AM

Thank you zenobia43. When I pressed the ALT+PRTSC buttons nothing happened. In case it did copy the page into clipboard, I went to Paint and tried to paste anything in clipboard and nothing happened there either.

Stan
Old 12-22-2013, 08:58 AM

Try: hitting the prtsc button normally, then pasting into paint
If that doesn't work, hold down the "fn" key then hit prtsc and try.
(FN key = Function = If you ever noticed how some keys besides the numbers have two labels, like "Home" and "sysrq" or "end" and "prtsc" such as on mine, holding the FN key down switches between the two. however some keyboards don't need the FN key held for it anyway)
Old 12-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Windows users (Vista, 7.x and 8.x) can also use the built-in "Snipping Tool", which makes capturing screenshots much easier.

More information at:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../snipping-tool
Old 12-22-2013, 11:27 AM

testing only

At last! The snipping tool did the bizz

Stan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lpz01.jpg (222.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by stanstar; 12-22-2013 at 11:30 AM.