Old 12-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Thanks so much bawkbawk! Comments like that make my day. :-)
Old 12-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Thumbs up

I've been getting to know the new version for the past couple days, and I really love it! I am one of those people who freak out about change (the older I get the more mellow I get with it though) so at first I was like *GASP* oh no! But once I started playing with it and discovering all of the neat features, I have to say I'm very impressed. My favorite ones are the auto-fill X's and the highlighting so I'm sure of exactly where I am placing my mark.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Ah, the debug came back with some new data that showed where the problem was. I think it should be sorted now. (At least I'm assuming it is - I'm no longer receiving email reports showing a failure at that node.)

Thanks for helping to track that one down!
IE8
I got the "incorrect puzzle identifier" again after finishing puzzle # 83913. Unfortunately, I again didn't do a "Save Progress" before submitting, so had to start over after retrieving it from "Recent Games.

Earlier I was playing game 82422 and must have marked something wrong as I got stuck, so did a "Start Over". I started filling in from the first clue again, when I remembered that this puzzle had a "The five things were..." type clue and I preferred to fill those X's first while the board is clear, so did another "Start Over", and the page went to something like "You can't select a page directly... I will redirect you to the Start page", or something. I didn't write it down and it quickly redirected me to the puzzle creation page, I believe. So, I had to retrieve that from the "Recent Games" as well.
The next two games, I tried to replicate that error by partially playing and doing "Start Over" several times, but couldn't get it to happen again.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Thanks passel - I know how you're triggering these errors, but sadly I still don't have a grip on why. I've added some more debug code to log this node, and will keep digging. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 02:49 AM

Talking Logic Puzzles Version 2.0

Question about scoring and monthly competitions: Is there a page where I can see the top 50 players for success rate and fastest solver rate? If not, will this return?

Also, 6 x 7 puzzles will always take much longer to complete then the smaller ones- will there be some special scoring categories to account for this?

Only minor issue: I keep getting errors about shockwave player (or something)not responding, which is probably my computer.

Love the new site otherwise! My favorite are the 6 x 7 puzzles- I feel like my life has changed!

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:10 AM

I don't see the option to choose a 6 x 7 grid - the most I can choose is a 4 x 7 grid, am I missing something?
Old 12-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Administrator

@leftylucy - right now there is only a high-score monthly challenge. We're looking into ways of possibly adding fastest solver competitions in the future, broken down by puzzle size.

Each subsequently larger puzzle size has an equivalently larger maximum score assigned to it. The 4x7 puzzles are the largest and have the highest maximum score.

@chagler - there is no 6x7 grid, leftylucy was referring to our 4x6 and 4x7 puzzles.