Go Back   Logic Puzzle Forums > Logic-Puzzles.org Discussion > Questions About Logic-Puzzles.org

Old 12-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Passel -

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Responses below:

Re: start over message, yes, that's true. I'm not sure I want to modify the messaging though, just to make sure people know what they're getting when the choose to restart the puzzle.

Re: losing clue progress on a saved puzzle - also true, good catch. It probably won't be included in this launch, but I'm making a note to eventually figure out a way to save clue states as well as grid states. Thanks!

Re: beta stats, I am probably going to dump user/puzzle stats acquired during the beta phase once we launch the site - that way we won't have skewed numbers based on people testing for bugs, and everyone can start acquiring stats on their accounts at the same time.

Re: invalid puzzle size... I think this should be fixed now. I suspect this is happening because your browser has saved the "init2.php" page and you are somehow navigating directly to it, bypassing "init.php". Now, if that happens, instead of failing completely as it was doing for you, the page will have two fall-backs - first it will check for your last-used grid size preferences via cookies and use that, and if it still has nothing at that point, it will then default to a 4x5 puzzle.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:10 AM

I like the new format HOWEVER I am having a hard time discerning where one category begins and another ends. darker lines between grid sets would be great!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:15 AM

also, some of the grid lines are darker WITHIN the grid sections...

so it looks like they are in different categories when they are actually the same category.

i'm sure I'll get used to it, but it's making it hard for me to tell where I'm going. so far I've only done 4X4's i'm not sure about going to bigger grids, I keep getting lost.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Administrator

If the grid lines aren't showing up equal you may be in a higher or lower zoom state on your browser than 100%. Right now the grid doesn't always perform well under those conditions - but I'm hard at work on a replacement that should work at any zoom level. I hope to have a test version up this week to see if it works better. (It also has thicker category lines, as suggested.)

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 AM

Default size and difficulty

Oh, the new drop-down menus for grid-size and puzzle difficulty are great! Love it.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alethea View Post
Oh, the new drop-down menus for grid-size and puzzle difficulty are great! Love it.
yep, i love those too. usually i only have time for a quick 4X4, so it's nice to be able to choose.