23% - 1063 seconds - 4x5 - I am wrong
Today I offer two puzzles... you may enjoy solving a very hard one, and perhaps you can tell me where I am going wrong?
1. Clue #1, 295K isn't closest, PLC isn't farthest, PLC isn't 295K.
2. Clues #2, 3, 5 and 9 are self-evident.
3. For now #4 only means Istryn isn't 51 light years.
4. #6, MKP isn't closest and 295K isn't farthest, MKP isn't 295K. Also observe MKP isn't 45.
5. #7, 345K isn't Theros and ZQ isn't 45.
6. #8 is self-evident, also Zhezios can't be 51 or 295K or 650K.
7. #10, ZQ isn't less than 47 and Cheelia not more than 47, Cheelia isn't ZQ. Observe ZQ can't be 49.
8. #11 is self-evident, and a bit redundant.
9. First pass through leaves only 1, 4, 6, 7 and 10 unresolved. Observe PLC isn't 45. From #1 we know it can't be 49 either.
10. All we have to work with is #7! "One orbits star ZQ" can only be Istryn or Theros, so "of… 345K" must point to Istryn. Eliminates 345K and 51. Istryn isn't HV or PLC so eliminate 345K from both HV and PLC. Only Istryn or Theros can be 45 so not Quael.
11. We're now done with #4, 243K must be 51. Since PLC isn't 51 it also isn't 243K, but 540K. Zhezios isn't 51 so can't be 243K but 540K, and since Zhezios is PLC and PLC conflicts with 49, remove 49 from Zhezios as well.
12. Observe Cheelia can't be 243K since it's not 51. MKP can't be 51 (not 243K) so per #6, 295K can't be 49.
13. #1 now indicates PLC can't be 47 so it must be 43 and cross that clue off, it helped us determine all the facts for Zhezios. Fill in the obvious X's and O's to complete the row and column.
14. We can see Cheelia is 47 light years. Carry the column into the row and ZQ is revealed at 51, also 243K.
15. Quael isn't ZQ so isn't 51, that would be Theros. Copy the facts from the row into the column.
16. #7 is complete, Theros is ZQ and 345K is 45. Observe Istryn is 45 so Quael is 49. Observe 47 is 295K so 49 is 650K.
17. #6 states MKP is 49 which is enough to finish the table, wrongly. VJD must be 47, but HV at 45 would seem to relate in the row to 345K but it can't be as we check the column.
How did you do? And, do you see my error? Thanks!