Old 05-06-2010, 08:02 AM

Default What happened to my record time?

I solved a puzzle this morning and got a new record time, half an hour later the same puzzle appeared with the old record time not mine, why is that?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:40 PM

Default Record times

Hi Mad Hatter,

I have solved at least over a hundred puzzles in record time and I have yet to see my record posted. Though a couple of users have reportedly seen at least one of my records. Clearly, the posting is not an immediate part of the programming. How often it gets done is an unknown. However, for myself, the knowledge that I have set records is enough for me. Perhaps you could rethink your position and not worry about it and just enjoy solving puzzles.

pcuser
Old 05-08-2010, 08:39 AM

I also have beaten over a hundred records and never seen my name, I have checked and I know that 2 records that I got in March still haven't been updated, but what spoils my enjoyment is that I constantly get a lot of the same puzzles week in week out

Last edited by mad hatter; 05-08-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:41 PM

Default Same puzzles

I get the same puzzles day in and day out. It's so bad, I've memorized the green dot patterns on some and have scored 530 points in 19 seconds. I like high scores but more and varied puzzles would be more intellectually stimulating...

pcuser
Old 06-19-2010, 12:18 AM

Default Record Times

I've also seen puzzles that I've solved in record time with the old records. I think that the record time feature of this site has stopped functioning. I've sent a note to Admin.

By the way, I really don't care about seeing my name as fastest solver, but I've noticed that the high scores weren't changing and I had never seen many names of people currently playing.

Last edited by Laura; 06-20-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:20 PM

Exclamation don't sweat it

Hi! i'm new here:
This site advertises 3 competitions: high score, success rate & fastest solver; but the only rewards are points & your name on some lists. i don't even see anything that says you can redeem those points. So, like you PC user, i wouldn't worry about seeing my time on the fastest solver list; just enjoy playing the game; not for the competition.
As far as the same puzzle coming up frequently: that happened to me before i registered, & i haven't been a member very long so as a member it hasn't happened to me; & i haven't racked up enough time to get very fast solve rates. What with the dancing my mouse does, & the fact that the change from "solve the puzzle" to the puzzle itself is pretty slow (@ least on my machine), & the clock starts as soon as you click on the legend, i don't know how i'm going to register a fast solve: i only take 2 - 3 times the averages; rarely is it anywhere near the average, much less the top 10, much less the records.