Old 12-21-2013, 06:18 PM

Default Where are my clues?

I just logged on again and I can't find the clues to the puzzle. How do you expect me to solve a logic puzzle without any information to work with?
Old 12-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Hi Whit2k -

It was decided, after much deliberation, that making clues available for our logic puzzles was just making them far too easy to solve - so we got rid of them in order to make the site a bit more challenging.

(Sorry, bad joke.)

The clues will always be shown to the right of the grid, in the area marked in pink in the screenshot below. If you don't see the clues there, you may have accidentally activated the "Notes" or "Answers" tab in the top of that pink area - just click on the "Clues" tab to reveal them again.

screenshot2.jpg

If you're still not seeing clues in that area, please email a screenshot of what you're seeing to admin@puzzlebaron.com and I'll investigate further - be sure to include your operating system and browser version as well.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (220.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 12-28-2013, 11:46 AM

Angry grid and clues not displayed on same frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi Whit2k -

It was decided, after much deliberation, that making clues available for our logic puzzles was just making them far too easy to solve - so we got rid of them in order to make the site a bit more challenging.

(Sorry, bad joke.)

The clues will always be shown to the right of the grid, in the area marked in pink in the screenshot below. If you don't see the clues there, you may have accidentally activated the "Notes" or "Answers" tab in the top of that pink area - just click on the "Clues" tab to reveal them again.

Attachment 109

If you're still not seeing clues in that area, please email a screenshot of what you're seeing to admin@puzzlebaron.com and I'll investigate further - be sure to include your operating system and browser version as well.

Thanks!
You can see on this display of the clues and the grid that clue number 9 is not dIsplayed in full. If there is a clue 10 the grid titles will disappear. I keep sending in this complaint but still nothing is done to correct it. This makes using the grid very tiresome and error prone.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:53 AM

Default grid and clues not displayed on same frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi Whit2k -

(Sorry, bad joke.)

Attachment 109

Thanks!
you asked me to send you a screen shot of the grid and clues not showing on same frame when I complained about this earlier. Well here is your own screen shot in the above answer that clearly shows what I am saying. Please advise that you have rearranged spacing to permit seeing grid and clues on same screen. Thank you
Old 12-29-2013, 09:35 PM

Not shown in the screen shot is the scroll bar. I have to scroll some to get the clues for puzzles with large numbers of clues. You can move some to the "used" state, and back again, getting them onto the same screen.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:36 AM

Default Thank you!

Thanks again Julie C - you seem to be filling in for Admin for my questions! will definitely try your suggestion