Old 12-09-2013, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Default Alternate Game Board

A few users have said they are having visual issues with the new game board, including:

1. When using a browser zoom level other than 100%, some lines may disappear or go out of alignment.

2. Group lines aren't thick enough to visually indicate where one group ends and another begins.

3. Vertical labels aren't big enough to read easily, or have poor letter spacing.

We've developed an alternate game board that is should alleviate these issues, but it needs to be thoroughly tested before we can make it live. If you'd like to test it out, be sure to select the "Alternate Game Board" on the game initialization page (init2.php). This will take you to the same puzzle but will use the new, modified game board. (Note: you cannot access the modified game board via "Recent Games")

It should work and feel exactly like the default - the changes are only cosmetic.

Once you've tried out the new game board please use this thread to post feedback, or send it to us via email at admin@puzzlebaron.com.

Thanks as always!

Stephen
Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 AM

Default Alternate grid

Hi! First off, congratulations on the great work!
My Internet connection is rather slow so I really do like the alternate grid. It loads much faster!
Thanks,
DanniGuzzi
Old 12-09-2013, 11:33 AM

Default Loving Alternate GB

I much prefer the Alternate Game Board - it's easier for me to keep boxes distinct at all sizes (4x5, 4x7, etc.).

Thank you, also, for the double-click option - I move much faster now with my touchpad mouse.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:45 PM

Thumbs up MUCH Better

The other game board gave me a headache. This one is MUCH better! I also agree that it is easier to keep the boxes distinctly separate & to read the titles.
Thank you!
Old 12-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Alternate game board is better.

But the previous graphic was much easier to read. I don't like the thin red lines for the x.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:50 PM

Default alternate game board

yes it is definitely better than the default - however the delineation between the categories still could be more marked.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:58 AM

Smile

Much MUCH better with the alternate game board! Thank you so much!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:36 AM

Default New grid

I like the new smaller grid much better....I was also experiencing some problems with following the lines on the larger grid.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Administrator

@Grigor - check this page for info on how to change your grid icons: http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/s...=1434#post1434

So far it looks like everyone is pretty much agreed that the "alternate version" board is superior to the current one. I'm going to start the final round of testing on it today and if no problems are found, I'll swap the current one out with the alternate later this week.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:01 AM

Default I agree

I prefer the alternative grid a lot more its a lot easier to use being able to see it better and see the lines better don't mark the wrong ones now causing me to get frustrated

thank for listing to what people are saying