Old 08-19-2008, 05:06 AM

Default Feature request: Reset button

Can we have a "Reset Puzzle" button, pretty please?

Thanks!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Hi cunningrat -

Yep, that is the very next feature I build - three people have requested it already. Will post a note here when its ready. Thanks for playing!

- Stephen
Old 08-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Administrator

A "Clear The Grid" (i.e. reset) button has now been added to the clues tab of the playing page. This will permanently reset the playing grid for your puzzle, in case you've messed something up and want to start again from scratch.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

- Stephen
Old 08-20-2008, 01:37 AM

Smile Thank You !!

Stephen:

Thanks for the Reset feature !!

Laura
Old 08-22-2008, 05:45 AM

Well this may not be a bug so much as an "undocumented feature," but when I was playing a game earlier I ended up with a wrong answer so after trying to figure out where I had messed up and failing I decided to just write down the answers I knew were right in the "Notes" section and then I clicked the "Clear the Logic Grid" button, planning to fill in the right answers from my notes and start fresh on the ones that might have been wrong. Well it turns out that not only does the "Clear the Logic Grid" button clear the logic grid but it also deletes all of my notes. Of course I couldn't remember any of what I had written down so I just quit.

So I guess the suggestion or question would be is this the desired function of the "Clear the Logic Grid" button, and if so you should probably warn the user of that when you are asking them to confirm their decision to clear the logic grid.

Last edited by bgates87; 08-22-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Hi bgates87 -

Ah, thanks for catching this. I'd not thought about the Notes feature being affecting by the "Clear Logic Grid" button. I'll have to put some thought into that - whether I'd want to keep the functionality as is, and add a warning, or if we'll need to separate it out and save the Notes in all cases.

For now though I will certainly add the warning message. Thank you!