Old 12-15-2012, 10:13 PM

Thumbs up New Puzzles?

Hello,
Today I have met two new 5X5 puzzles that I didn't solve earlier. They contain a new clue type; "X has Z dollars less than Y." Anyone also have been seeing these?
Old 12-15-2012, 11:02 PM

They Should keep adding new puzzles so no one can CHEAT and other people could earn rewards based on skills and not based copying all the patterns. How can you sit there playing thousands of games and just clicking the right answers rather than doing the puzzle? Don't you get bored? What's the point? Maybe you just don't have the skills to solve a puzzle!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 AM

Yes, I got three new puzzles in succession so far tonight.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:29 PM

Wink pcuseralso aka pcuser

I noticed that the point calculation is different. I just set a new record of 431 seconds and scored 501 points. I just scored 549 points on a 5x5 puzzle that I solved in 288 seconds. Definitely a different point system...

Last edited by pcuseralso; 12-16-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 PM

Wink

Come on everyone. You must have an opinion about the new puzzles. Love them? Hate them? Tell it right here.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:22 PM

Talking

haven't seen the new puzzles, but have a comment on the "old" ones. I wonder who invents them, but surely this person has some health problems or doesn't understand the basics of "positive" thinking. Instead of puzzles having to do with Captopril, and claustrophobism and hospital bills, why not use pleasurable situations, such as music, parties, fun.... and not illnesses!!!!!!!!! (yes, I know there are some puzzles with lambadas and macarenas, but apart from this... that's completely out of fashion now! :-))) Just thinking aloud
Old 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM

Default Mixed feelings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuseralso View Post
Come on everyone. You must have an opinion about the new puzzles. Love them? Hate them? Tell it right here.
I am left with mixed feelings after playing several hundred of the new ones. The new clue type "Y paid Z dollars more than X" was confusing in the beginning and I was losing more than necessary time with them before developing a formula to map them on the board.
A second thing; I think the frequency of the new puzzles differentiate from user to user. In other words, a user may have more new ones than another user in the short-run. It's my experience so far.
In short, new puzzles are a welcome addition to the site.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:38 AM

Default New Puzzles

I'm really not enjoying the new puzzles. The old ones were sometimes easy, sometimes challenging, but I could actually do most of them, given enough time. There are lots of the new ones I can't solve. I wish I could opt for new or old puzzles. I feel I can't really compete with the new ones.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Administrator

@karlknow - Guessing is never required. Each puzzle has one and only one solution, and each is solvable using only the clues given.

@deborah - We are looking into adding an option for players to select only puzzles of a particular difficulty level. It's hard to make that work within the confines of competitive play but we're working on it. That said, don't give up on the new puzzles just yet - most aren't that much harder, they just require new forms of deduction you may not yet be accustomed to.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 AM

Thumbs up

I love 'em, especially the "X paid Y dollars more than Z", and it's great that there are so many of them now, alltogether they're much more challenging which I like.