Logic Puzzle Forums

Logic Puzzle Forums (http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/index.php)
-   Comments, Bugs and Feature Requests (http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Recent Games List (http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22)

flutefish 09-22-2008 03:26 PM

Recent Games List

Stephen,

I beg for a recent games list! I nearly messed up my success rate by clicking on the links at top :eek: (unintentionally - my fingers were moving faster than my head :p ). I was able to get my game back with the back button on the browser, but I about had a heart attack! Can we please have a recent games list so we know we can recover from such stupidities (and any glitches that might happen in submitting games)?

admin 09-23-2008 12:51 AM

A recent games page has now been added, and can be accessed via the top menu whenever you're logged in. It will display your entire game history for the past 24 hours, and will allow you to retry any puzzles that have not yet been completed.

flutefish 09-23-2008 02:23 AM

Thanks

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

:D

mikiboop 09-23-2008 03:54 PM

I just redid two uncompleted puzzles. One was from yesterday that I was unable to submit because Comcast dropped the connection. (Again!) The bad thing is that my time was 73493 seconds. I'm not concerned about my average time since I'm often distracted and have a high average time, but this will really raise the average time for that puzzle. Weighed against being given a second chance, I think that's a small price to pay.

admin 09-23-2008 04:03 PM

Re: individual puzzle statistics, I've got a bit of code that prevents excessively long puzzles (i.e. 73,493 seconds) from significantly swaying average puzzle times. Any solve time greater than one hour will just be counted as a 3,600 second solve when we're computing individual puzzle averages. (It will, however, be counted in full for your personal account statistics).

Hope this helps. :-)

bowl231 09-26-2008 09:26 PM

elapsed time when stopped

THANK YOU - I am glad we can restart puzzles which we had stop.
Though a keep time of 36-48 hours would be tremendous. Quite often I
might not be able to get back to it within 24 hours.

Would it be possible to stop the elapsed time when the connection
is dropped or if we get a button to stop a puzzle. When we go back
to that puzzle then the timer starts again.

I had to leave a puzzle yesterday and did not get back to it at all
until later today and it has my time as 85229 sec. That hurts
specially when I had to stop it within maybe 4 minutes after starting

Thanks again - love these puzzles

flutefish 10-03-2008 06:11 AM

24 hrs is enough

I think a keep time of 24 hrs for the puzzles is more than enough. On the cryptograms site, we only have the puzzles kept for 2 hrs. This is already way more. You can always just leave the page with the puzzle active, and that way not lose your puzzle if you have to leave it for awhile.

bowl231 10-09-2008 08:52 PM

Not everyone can always leave screens, IE, computer, or
puzzles active for long periods of time. Not all of us
have unlimited spare time either.