Logic Puzzle Forums

Logic Puzzle Forums (http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/index.php)
-   Comments, Bugs and Feature Requests (http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Puzzles? (http://www.logic-puzzles.org/forum/showthread.php?t=215)

tulga 12-15-2012 10:13 PM

New Puzzles?

Hello,
Today I have met two new 5X5 puzzles that I didn't solve earlier. They contain a new clue type; "X has Z dollars less than Y." Anyone also have been seeing these?

meeshaB84 12-15-2012 11:02 PM

They Should keep adding new puzzles so no one can CHEAT and other people could earn rewards based on skills and not based copying all the patterns. How can you sit there playing thousands of games and just clicking the right answers rather than doing the puzzle? Don't you get bored? What's the point? Maybe you just don't have the skills to solve a puzzle!

bocci 12-16-2012 03:32 AM

Yes, I got three new puzzles in succession so far tonight.

pcuseralso 12-16-2012 09:29 PM

pcuseralso aka pcuser

I noticed that the point calculation is different. I just set a new record of 431 seconds and scored 501 points. I just scored 549 points on a 5x5 puzzle that I solved in 288 seconds. Definitely a different point system...

pcuseralso 12-20-2012 10:16 PM

Come on everyone. You must have an opinion about the new puzzles. Love them? Hate them? Tell it right here.

susa 12-21-2012 11:22 PM

haven't seen the new puzzles, but have a comment on the "old" ones. I wonder who invents them, but surely this person has some health problems or doesn't understand the basics of "positive" thinking. Instead of puzzles having to do with Captopril, and claustrophobism and hospital bills, why not use pleasurable situations, such as music, parties, fun.... and not illnesses!!!!!!!!! (yes, I know there are some puzzles with lambadas and macarenas, but apart from this... that's completely out of fashion now! :-))) Just thinking aloud

pcuseralso 12-22-2012 12:11 AM

Interesting...

tulga 12-26-2012 04:26 PM

Mixed feelings...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcuseralso (Post 864)
Come on everyone. You must have an opinion about the new puzzles. Love them? Hate them? Tell it right here.

I am left with mixed feelings after playing several hundred of the new ones. The new clue type "Y paid Z dollars more than X" was confusing in the beginning and I was losing more than necessary time with them before developing a formula to map them on the board.
A second thing; I think the frequency of the new puzzles differentiate from user to user. In other words, a user may have more new ones than another user in the short-run. It's my experience so far.
In short, new puzzles are a welcome addition to the site.

karlknox 12-28-2012 03:31 PM

Hate them...

I like that there are new puzzles, but I've found several that are not well constrained and have multiple solutions. It's redic when you have to guess to get the right solution. Anybody else have this problem?

Deborah5h 01-03-2013 12:38 AM

New Puzzles

I'm really not enjoying the new puzzles. The old ones were sometimes easy, sometimes challenging, but I could actually do most of them, given enough time. There are lots of the new ones I can't solve. I wish I could opt for new or old puzzles. I feel I can't really compete with the new ones. :(