A Real Beezer
Can someone please explain how we resolve this puzzle. It is 22% type. I have 24 X's and not one match. It seems impossible but 22% have solved it but how? I'm real slow but If I am shown once there's no stopping me. I usually am about twice as slow as the average sometimes even longer times.
1. Of the person who arrived on Wednesday and the person who specializes in sudokus, one uses Clorox and the other is Madison.
2. The person who arrived on Friday doesn't use Bold.
3. The person who arrived on Friday doesn't use Clorox.
4. The person who specializes in logic puzzles doesn't use Tide.
5. The person who arrived on Monday is not Perla.
6. The person who specializes in sudokus arrived the day after the person who specializes in crosswords.
7. Either the person who arrived on Monday or the person who arrived on Thursday loves to solve drop quotes.
8. Of the person who specializes in logic puzzles and Clayton, one arrived on Tuesday and the other arrived on Friday.
9. The person who specializes in logic puzzles is not Quinton.
10. The person who arrived on Friday doesn't use Tide.
11. Quinton arrived the day after Madison.
12. Of the person who uses Biz and Perla, one arrived on Tuesday and the other loves to solve drop quotes.
Clayton - Madison
This one is tougher than most because you have to combine a couple clues to get an X.
By using clues 1, 5, 8 and 11 you will find that Saniya = Monday
Clue 11: Quinton cannot be Monday because he arrived after Madison
Clue 8: Clayton cannot be Monday because he has to be either Tuesday or Friday.
Clue 1: Madison cannot be Monday because she is either Wednesday, or she is Sudokus which cannot be Monday (clue 6).
Clue 5: Perla cannot be Monday
Then using clues 2, 3 10, and 12 you will find that Ultra = Friday.
Clues 2, 3, and 10: Bold, Clorox, and Tide cannot be Friday
Clue 12: Biz cannot be Friday because Biz is either Wednesday (clue 12) or drop quotes, and drop quotes cannot be Friday (clue 7).
Once you have those two positives in there, then you quickly see that Clayton = Friday, Perla = Tuesday = logic puzzles = Bold.
You might not need it, but with just the initial clues, you can also see that combining clues 6 and 8, Clayton cannot be crosswords, and combining clues 7 and 8, Clayton cannot be drop quotes.
Clues 6 and 11 are quite restrictive, so keep checking these two as you make progress.
Thank you so much Zenobia43 that lesson was instructive and helpful. I understood what you were explaining apart from this "Once you have those two positives in there, then you quickly see that Clayton = Friday, Perla = Tuesday = logic puzzles = Bold."
I don't see how you arrive at these matches, can you explain these please.
You're almost there :)
We're going to prove that logic puzzles = Perla next.
Clue 8: logic puzzles cannot be Clayton because the first part of the clue implies that Clayton and logic puzzles are different people.
Clue 1: logic puzzles cannot be Madison because she either has to be sudoku, or she is Wednesday, and Wednesday cannot be logic puzzles (clue 8).
Clue 9: logic puzzles cannot be Quinton
Clue 8: logic puzzles cannot be Saniya (anymore) because Saniya is now Monday and logic puzzles has to be either Tuesday or Friday.
So logic puzzles can only be Perla.
Once all the implications (red Xs that result from green circles) are filled in the CB category box (intersection of First Name and Detergent), you will see that Perla can only be Bold.
You will also see that Perla can only be Tuesday at this point because that's the only intersection left for Perla, weekday, and puzzles. Perla has to be Tuesday or Thursday (clues 5 and 12), and logic puzzles has to be Tuesday or Friday (clue 8).
That's how we get Tuesday = Perla = Bold = logic puzzles.
Then the only day left open for Clayton is Friday.
Thank you so much Zenobia43 I completed the puzzle with your great guidance. You are an excellent teacher.
I am going to try another difficult one now.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.