PDA

View Full Version : Saving puzzle doesn't save notes or inactive clues?

eme308
07-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Hi. Sorry if this is already listed. I ran through a couple pages of bugs, but I wanted to get back to solving!

The system does a great job of saving a puzzle I was working on, but it doesn't save the clues I've crossed out or any of the notes!!! Those notes were a lot of work (4x7, challenging).

I saved a few times while I was working, so I know something should be there.

What's up? Is this really the way it's supposed to work?

Thanks.

LGramlich
01-12-2015, 08:21 PM
I once saved a puzzle, only to discover when I went back to it that the clock had kept running the whole time I was away from it, which seemed to defeat the purpose of saving it. Is it just me, or does that make no sense whatsoever?

Logicmaniac
01-13-2015, 08:05 AM
Well, I think it's testing your ability to do notes quickly. If you're having trouble, try changing the way you take notes.

kgf
01-14-2015, 12:20 PM
I once saved a puzzle, only to discover when I went back to it that the clock had kept running the whole time I was away from it, which seemed to defeat the purpose of saving it. Is it just me, or does that make no sense whatsoever?

Having the same issue. Saving and coming back does not stop the clock from running.

Logicmaniac
01-14-2015, 02:13 PM
Having the same issue. Saving and coming back does not stop the clock from running.

What we need is a pause button.

Logicmaniac
01-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Seriously. You can send the request to the admin via private message or email.

JohnR
01-15-2015, 12:23 PM
The clock has got to run. There's nothing stopping a person from taking a screenshot of the puzzle and all the clues, pausing the game, figuring it out, then filling in the answers with only 15 seconds on the play clock.

Perhaps the clock should not run indefinitely, as that is what happens now, but it should put the player out of contention for anything.

JadeYDavis
01-15-2015, 12:40 PM
I understand the lack of a pause button to some extent. It would be possible to capture a screenshot, Pause or save the game so the clock stops, work it on your own, then come back and fill in all the answers quickly. It would make the record times plummet, so that those working the puzzles correctly wouldn't ever stand a chance of coming anywhere NEAR the record times (and would ultimately unfairly skew the point distributions as well.) But it is definitely a pain.