PDA

View Full Version : LG Optimus V doesn't like Logic Puzzles 2.0

bocci
12-07-2013, 09:25 AM
I play mostly on my smartphone with stock browser. I'm having following issues with the new 2.0 website:

1. The puzzles load incompletely. Specifically, the individual items do not appear along the top of the puzzle. I can still manage to play, but because the clues often do not contain the names of all the persons in the leftmost columns. I first have to make several guesses in the upper-left area, then click on 'Answers' in order to learn the names of the persons involved. Then I must memorize them.

1.a. After learning the names I have to undo the guesses. If I had placed 'O's in squares 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, and 5-5 in a 4x5 puzzle, I hoped that I could quickly go back and click the five 'O's for a fresh start. No! When the grid gets that populated and you click away an 'O', the autofilled 'X's do not disappear with it. So I either must single click all the 'O's and then double-click all the 'X's, or hit 'Restart the Puzzle'. I suppose hitting 'Undo' five times should work, For some reason I didn't think of it til just now.

(I realize 1.a. is almost moot if a puzzle loads correctly, but I thought the strange behavior was useful to report)

2. Most of the time, a single touch on a blank square causes a red 'X', a second touch causes the green 'O' (and the red 'X' autofill). However, maybe 25% of the time I get the 'O' and autofill on the first tap, which then either switches to a single 'X' or goes back to blank somewhat randomly.

3. Quite often, one tap gives me an 'X', a second tap gives me 'O' and autofill, which then disappears on its own after about a half second. So, I must re-enter.

4. Just simply erasing a misplaced 'X' or 'O' can sometimes be impossible. Clicking through a normal sequence ought to give you 'X', then 'O', then blank
But, I often experience the sequence 'X', 'O', 'X', 'O', 'X'...for very long stretches without a blank appearing.

5. The 'Submit Answer' button rarely works on the first tap.

Obviously these problems make playing very difficult and very slow.

admin
12-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Hi bocci -

Is it possible for you to use a different browser in your phone - i.e. Chrome or Firefox? I'm not sure what the stock browser is, but it sounds from your description as though it doesn't support many of the basic functions the new site requires. I'll do some more digging on it though.

In the meantime, we've archived the old site at http://old.logic-puzzles.org - and you are always free to use that on your phone until we can get the issue resolved.

bocci
12-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Thank you, I look into changing browsers but maybe first try updating the one I have. Will play archived version in the meantime.