PDA

View Full Version : challenge part 3

hardcore
12-29-2012, 05:20 AM
Hello again, we are back and merry Christmas (or Hanukkah)! I am so sorry for the 4 day delay. This puzzle should be on the 24th, but that was that on Christmas and I was wrapped up in presents, tired from Christmas cards, and exhausted from to much pie.

But also, let's give a congrats to Novacula! The winner of the second puzzle! He (or she) now will be put on the logicians hall!

Today's puzzle is a good one thats reasonable. and I'm not going to give away the answer so easy. So enjoy and REALLY THINK!

A bird watcher looks out a small, glass window and see a very rare bird. As he watches, he is happy. The man then realizes something and few seconds later, is very horrified! A few minutes after that, he is scared out of his mind, screaming for his life. What is going on?

JoyKig
12-29-2012, 05:48 AM
A guess: He was happy watching the bird until he realised he was seeing a reflection in the glass window. Eventually the bird comes after him and the window is too small for him to escape through.

hardcore
12-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Great guess JoyKig, but I'm afraid that's not it. But it is a pretty convincing answer. I am, though, going to give 1 hint because there are a lot of possible answers, but I am looking for one. The hint is that the window is a regular window and the lives of others were in danger.

novacula
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
The man is on a ship. The bird is a rare sea bird sitting on the water. As the distance between the window and the bird decreases, he realizes the ship is sinking.

hardcore
01-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Nope, but a closer, but farther answer! I will give another hint: SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THE BIRD!

pinkgirl25
01-03-2013, 06:02 PM
A lion or some other big cat was going to attack the very rare bird. Then man was frightened for his life because the lion was coming after him.

hardcore
01-04-2013, 03:47 AM
I like how you think, pinkgirl25. But, unfortunately, that is incorrect. I want to give tip: focus on the time he was horrified, then when he was screaming. There is a chain event that happen there. so think, what could happen to the bird, that can also kill not just 1, but about 40 others?

Now for the clue: THE BIRD WAS KILLED IN FLIGHT.

otterb
01-04-2013, 06:20 AM
The rare bird is actually a passenger plane. Maybe?

hardcore
01-05-2013, 03:20 AM
Nope! But you are getting closer. One last hint: the bird is a bird and the man was going from America to Africa.

2manynames
01-05-2013, 05:35 AM
He is in a plane and it is crashing, (clearly descending or he wouldn't see a bird), but then realises they are not landing.

novacula
01-05-2013, 11:36 AM
This is a tough one. We know:

The bird is VERY RARE.
The man sees SOMETHING HAPPEN TO THE BIRD and is scared.
Whatever happened to the rare bird happened while it was IN FLIGHT.
A FEW MINUTES PASS before the man starts screaming.
The man is afraid for both his OWN life and the lives of OTHERS.
The man was going from AMERICA to AFRICA.

Maybe the man was on a plane over the ocean when an endangered species of bird was sucked into the engine. At first there is only a little bit of smoke then after a few minutes the engine explodes into flames and the plane goes crashing into the sea.

hardcore
01-06-2013, 05:16 AM
We got the answer! And guess who got it? It was Novacula! His name is going to be entered in the logicians hall twice!! Once for part 2 and now. Congrats novacula!

novacula
01-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Awesome! If that wasn't correct I was going to guess the rare bird was actually extinct and was getting eaten by a dinosaur and the plane had traveled back in time and now they were all stuck with no idea of how to get back to the future.

Thanks to hardcore for posting the challenge.